No More SST...

When I want a reel with an adjustable drag for a particular stream, I lock in a Bauer SST fly reel. There is no better drag on the market than what you get with a Bauer fly reel...none! And, it's a sealed drag. The design of the SST fly reel is perfect for my classic Winston fly rods and I will be using them for a long time to come. Nope, they'll never wear out!

Sad to say that Bauer is no longer producing the SST and I often wonder if there will be a replacement in keeping with its classical style? We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm happy as a clam locking in an SST for some fly fishing fun. They just work so good....

Below are a few throw back photos of SST reel and rod combos taking a stream side break. I'm hoping for an early spring to get them back on the water for some tight lines with wild trout!

Click on photos for a larger view

Comments

Popular Posts