Fly Fishing 2021 - A Look Back

I would say that 2021 was a good fishing year. Actually, a great year to be alive. Even with COVID still causing many families to grieve, those tragedies are a lesson to appreciate each day and the blessings given to us. I enjoyed getting out and fishing with my brother and fishing buddies very much this year! And, there were some enjoyable times camping and fishing in solitude on my favorite streams as well.

For sure, the highlight of the year was achieving the New Mexico Slam before the end of August. I have to say when I hooked that Brook Trout and got him into the net, I was thrilled. That was the last trout species I needed for reaching the slam in 2021.

Fly rods used to achieve my New Mexico Slam happened to be a Winston Slam too:

  • Gila Trout - Winston WT 8' 2wt fly rod.
  • Rainbow - Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod.
  • Brown Trout - Winston IM6 7'6" 3wt fly rod.
  • Rio Grande Trout - Winston LS 8' 4wt fly rod.
  • Brook Trout - Winston LS 8' 4wt fly rod.

Below are selected photos of the streams/lakes I fished this year in no particular order. And, a sampling of trout I netted along with some pics of my brother and fishing buddies. Any photos of me are courtesy of my buddy, Steve and wife, Sylvia. A good year, indeed! Be sure to click on photos for a larger view:

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts