Drawing to a Perfect Pair - Sage ONE

When I leave the house to spend a day on home waters, I usually take a pair of fly rods...in event the stream conditions change or for when I move to another stream. And, when deciding which rods to pack for the day, I like to "draw" out a pair with similar personalities and action (mostly).

As we go through 2022, I will be posting from time to time a pair of rods that I tend to pack with me on a regular basis...rods that work well together in specific environments I frequent throughout the year. I'm calling these posts "Drawing to a Perfect Pair" since I'm literally drawing two rods out of the rack to pack for a fishing trip.

My only option for fly fishing in the winter is on a tailwater...which usually means the San Juan. That is, if I get lucky and find a good day of weather. So, this month's featured pair of rods are below. For some reason, I like fast action rods during the cold weather months and that means Sage rods for me. Let's hope we get a couple of sunny days that are warm enough to get out on the water this winter. If not, I'll stay hunkered down and warm inside the house by the fireplace. That's good too...

Gear: Sage ONE 590 fly rod; Sage ONE 691 fly rod.

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts