Road Trips

I love road trips. Especially when they lead to trout streams. Cruising down a two-lane road with wide open landscapes is exhilarating for me. There are places here in the Southwest that still look like the wild, wild west, from hundreds of years ago. And, you know you're out in the middle of nowhere when you come up on a sign that says, "No gas, food, lodging for next 150 miles...and high clearance vehicles recommended." No worries there...I drive a 4x4 truck with a 36 gallon gas tank:)

Attached are a few of the roads I have traveled on this year, in route for a day or more of fishing. As I'm traveling over the road, I get more and more excited about what the day and the fishing will bring me as I get closer to a designated river. Yep, I'm already planning my fishing trips for next year...it will be a special year in 2022 because one of the streams I love (closed for two years) will opening back up for fishing. Yesiree!!!

Click on photo for a larger view

Comments

Popular Posts