Period Correctness?

I've been listening to some debate on what is considered appropriate for pairing up bamboo fly rods with fly reels. Some people are very passionate on what is considered appropriate combinations and believe the rod and reel pairing should be period correct. I understand "period correct" as being fly gear made in the same relative time period. I don't know. I can say, however, that I prefer a traditional looking fly reel on a bamboo rod, even when they are not considered period correct. And then again, I have fished bamboo with a fly reel of contemporary design and technology. So, I guess that doesn't make me a snob??? Or maybe I am...a little. Like I said, I don't know...for Pete's sake, it's just fly fishing.

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

  1. Those reels are awesome whether they're period correct or not. Great pics mike.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Judy, Steve!!! Eat lots of turkey:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts