Camping

One of the things I love about fly fishing here in the Southwest is the beautiful places it takes me and, on occasion, camping for extended fishing days. I've attached a few photos of fishing camps I've enjoyed this year. These photos bring some good memories of fishing with family and friends. Camping is a great outdoor activity to enjoy when living in the west...the landscapes, mountains, high altitude air...the rivers, and outdoor wildlife are to marvel at. I love the outdoors and the positive energy it creates within one's self is incredible.

Sylvia bought me a new tent this year for my birthday and family camping adventures. It has worked out great. And, it's large enough for our grandson to join us...he absolutely loves being in the outdoors, fishing, and camping with his grandparents. We go whenever he has a break from team sports. This tent pops up like an umbrella and is easy to set up which is a nice feature for this old guy. My brother and I gave it a good first test up in Colorado during one of our fishing trips this summer. It was a good test because we had some very strong winds one night...no tent problems at all. That tent has been all over New Mexico and southern Colorado already.

And, there are times when I like to take off by myself to camp and fish. I travel pretty light when doing solo trips to keep camp set up at an absolute minimum...so my time is spent more on fishing and less on camp set ups and break downs. I can quickly break down camp and go to another campsite easily when going "camp minimalist" to get on as many streams for fly fishing as possible. Solo camping is when I live in the truck camper and I've got that down to the point of pretty nice sleeping comfort and security when alone in the wilderness.

Yeah, it has been a fun year for camping....

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

  1. Great looking campsites mike. The cot fits so well in the back of your truck and that tent with the lights and music is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I sure enjoyed our camping and fishing trips this year, Steve. And, I'm looking forward to more campsites in 2022...I have some new places in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts