Bosque del Apache

Another fabulous trip to the Bosque del Apache for Sylvia and me this week. The winter migration of the sandhill cranes to the Bosque del Apache (National Wildlife Refuge) is a fall event my wife and I enjoy each year. You will find avid birders from around the world there viewing, and photographing (with long camera lenses) this spectacular exhibit of various species of birds. 

For peak viewing, it's best to arrive at the Refuge thirty minutes before sunrise and witness the huge array of roosting birds set out for their day of foraging. Or, in the afternoon about thirty minutes before sunset, watch the birds return from their hard day of work. Sylvia and I have been there enough that we don't do the early morning watch anymore...been there and done that. However, we do make a day trip down to the Refuge for a few hours in the afternoon and capture some photo memories. While the views are spectacular, it's the sounds in the Refuge that is our favorite part of going there! Wow, just wow!!!

Click on photos for a larger view

Comments

  1. Steve, I was amazed at how many people had camera gear that has to be worth over 5K setting up to take the perfect picture. LOL...I'm still using my 18 year old Olympus camera and iPhone:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts