Rio Grande Gorge

So, right after I clicked on the "Publish" button for this post, I climbed into my truck for a long drive to a remote wilderness designation...yep, it's a camping and fishing trip. I'll post a story on the trip when I get back later this week. Meanwhile, here's a post of a place I can't get enough of.

Only one other landmark has more "wow factor" for me than the Rio Grande Gorge and that other place is in northern Arizona. Yes, I do enjoy regular trips to AZ and that other place...but, The Rio Grande Gorge is absolutely amazing too!!!

Standing on the rim, looking down to the Rio Grande River is breath taking. I mean the roar of the river through this gorge is loud even standing up on the rim looking down. If I was twenty years younger, I would be skipping down the trail to the confluence for some fly fishing fun with big wild trout. I'm sure I could get down there no problem at this old age...but, getting back to the top would be a challenge to put it mildly:)

I took these photos this past summer when I stopped for a rim side picnic while in route between streams in New Mexico. Yeah, I love living here!!!

Click on photos for a larger view

Comments

Popular Posts