Redeemed

A beautiful fall day for fly fishing. I checked the weather app last night and the forecast called for wind and rain up on our mountain stream. We went anyway this morning with hope of finding some good fishing...and clearing skies. When we arrived at the stream and were rigging up, it started raining just like the forecast reported. So Neal and I ducked into the pavilion to finish rigging up and to wait out the rain. We got lucky and it only rained for a few minutes (poured actually) and then we were out in the stream for the day.

Neal took the lower section and I went upstream...and, we each caught a bunch of trout. It was one of those perfect days with a partly cloudy sky and active fish hitting our imitations. Every now and then I would look around to check out the area and would find that we were the only people in the area. The stream was ours, alone. I love days like this!

Yep, as beautiful as our fall season is right now, I know it is going to be gray and cold before too long. I'm squeezing all I can out these days with moderate temps and great fall fishing.

Gear: Winston WT 7' 2wt fly rod; Bauer SST3 fly reel; #14 Black Royal Wulff, #14 Crystal Flash Simulator, #12 Parachute Adams. Note: this is my favorite rod for this area and I line it with a WF3 line for easy loading...a perfect rod to work this stream. Well, I say stream but it's actually three streams.

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts