Nope - No Fish Here

This was the first time to this trout recovery area and we found out on the first day of fishing that there were no fish in the stream. Game & Fish website said there were trout in there, but there aren't. A couple of guys camping below us told us on our arrival that they never saw a trout. They packed up and left. And, when we got a gully washer of rain on our second night, we did the same. Why G&F "toots their horn" on a native stocking project, but doesn't update their information is beyond me. I'm guessing they don't want the public to know all those invested tax dollars was nothing but wasted spending on their part. Their use of the term "recovery" is not being honest with anglers...

However, it was great to get in one more camping trip with Steve before end of 2021. The temperatures were in the mid sixties during the day, with high enough nighttime temps for comfortable sleeping. I did bring a propane heater but didn't have to use it...the sleeping bag was plenty warm enough for both nights. Did I mention how bright the stars were? Stargazing and satellite spotting was awesome!!!

This was my first time driving this particular route to the wilderness and I have to say the landscapes were spectacular! I really like a road trip and the scenery didn't disappoint.

Below are some random photos of this week's trip...

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

  1. I'm not disappointed in the trip at all but the creek recovery below the private property doesn't seem to have worked and doesn't have any fish. But I bet the private property has plenty of really nice gila trout. I'm disappointed that the trail bypass around the private property made by the forest service is so long and hard and I bet that's where the trout are, on and above the private property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right about the trout being up past the private property. Not many anglers can make that hike...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm going to email some photos to you tomorrow...I really enjoyed our trip despite the fishing not being what we hoped for. Maybe next year we find the honey hole in the Gila:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts