Fall Fishing For Trout

Fly fishing on a mountain trout stream during the fall season. For me, the best time of year to cast a line to trout. With the leaves turning into their golden colors and the brown trout getting all frisky, it makes for some perfect days to wade into a stream. A long sleeve shirt is plenty to keep comfortable for the cooler temperatures and light breezes...and it is particularly fun when you only need a little net and hip waders to play with the trout swimming there.

I know that you know I would catch more trout this time of year if I were to fish with nymphs, but fooling a trout to rise to my dry fly is the best fun! That splash! And the line going tight!

Gear: Scott GS773 fly rod; Bauer SST3 fly reel; Rio LL fly line; #16 Parachute Adams dry fly.

Click on photos for a larger view

Comments

Popular Posts