Packing Fishing Gear

I'm packing camping and fly fishing gear today for my upcoming trip into a New Mexico wilderness area. This will be the last camping trip of 2021 and I know it is going to be a fantastic adventure. I looked over at the rod rack and there were several rods begging me to take them on this fall adventure...however, I'm only taking two rods, so the rest will have to wait for other times on the water.

I've never been to this stream and wilderness area making it a little difficult to know for sure which fly gear I should be packing...but, these are two safe rod choices that can fit into just about any small stream fishing environment. And, they are fun classic rods that I always enjoy having in hand when wading a stream for wild native trout.

Fly Rods: Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod; Winston TMF 8' 4wt fly rod. Reels: SST3 and SST4 fly reels.

Yeah, an angler can't go wrong having these two rods along for a fly fishing adventure...can't wait! Now, if only the weather will cooperate!

Comments

  1. Great choice in fly rods. 3wt circa and 4wt trout ll for me this trip plus my little 6' st croix for a backup 3 wt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two perfect Sages for the area streams I would think…awesome rods!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts