Packn' Light (part 1)

My buddy, Neil and I are departing early tomorrow to hike in and fish a remote mountain creek in hopes of catching a few of our native trout. This will be our first time to visit this stream. I'm packing only the things I want (bare minimum) to help this old man(me) actually reach the destination...keeping what I'm carrying as light as possible to increase my chances of a successful trip. The photo above is what I have prepped to go with me on this little adventure.

It's more common than not that these tiny mountain creeks are flowing too low for fishing during this time of year. My hopes are that the monsoons last month along with recent rainfall has this little creek up and running high enough for some natives to venture out of those deep cut banks and take a dry fly....

Fly Gear: El Jefe's custom 6'6" fly rod; Galvan Brookie 2/3 fly reel.

Comments

Popular Posts