Strike Fly Company

My wife is getting some dental work today and unfortunately it is the type of issue that has put her in the dental chair for a couple of hours. To help keep down my worry during these events, I try to focus my mind on other things...and that's why I'm filling and organizing fly boxes today.

These little shirt pocket sized fly boxes are my favorite...made by Wheatley. I've looked, but I haven't found anything I like more than these aluminum fly boxes. Yep, their old school...but so am I.

One of my sources for trout flies is the Strike Fly Company. I can't remember how I happened upon this source of flies, but I do like this company. They are out of Lancaster, PA where I once lived and probably one of the reasons I like them. The owner is a nice guy and always ships orders very fast. They are quality flies at a great price so I keep going back for more. And they sell one particular fly that I have found especially effective in my home waters...it's not a fly most anglers use in these mountain creeks.

Like most anglers, I used to get my flies at a local fly shop. But, they stopped selling a favorite fly of mine a couple of years ago. When I asked them if they would resume carrying this pattern, they said they would but never followed up on their promise. Guess what? I don't visit that shop anymore! I now order my flies online from Strike Fly Company and they get delivered to my front door within a short time.

Note: I'm not sponsored or paid by any company to use their products...I buy at full retail like everybody else.

Comments

Popular Posts