Sage ONE Fly Rods

Sage ONE Fly Rods - maybe the most disputed fly rod ever built by Sage. Fly fishing "gear heads" seem to either love the rod or hate it. I happen to lean toward the love side with most of the models in the series. In fact, I bought my ONE rods because the dialogue around the ONE design features were so hotly disputed on fly fishing forums. Glad I did decide to invest in some models because used ONE rods are selling for more than what I paid for mine during Sage's closeout sales with the series.

My quiver of ONE rods are as below:

  • Little ONE 8'2" 4wt (482)
  • ONE 8'6" 4wt (486)
  • ONE 9' 5wt (590)
  • ONE 9' 6wt (690) plus a 691 butt section
  • ONE 9' 8wt (890)

The four weight rods are the standout models with the Little ONE 482 my favorite of the quiver. However, the 5-8wt models are powerful rods and are great to have on big streams...especially when wind is a factor. The 590 rod can throw a line with a tight loop a long way. I prefer fishing with the 5wt when using a dry fly on bigger rivers where long casts are necessary.

I think these models will only grow in value as time marches on. However, I'll never sell any of mine because I have a little boy that I've determined to pass these on to at some time in future. His personality is a perfect fit for these fast, firm fly rods. (Code J)

Comments

Popular Posts