Monsoons

Looking off the back deck toward the east last evening, for sure, we are "smack in the middle" of the monsoon season. For how long? We'll just have to watch and see. It makes it tough to plan a multi-day fishing trip knowing how fast the clouds can build up for a downpour here in the southwest. And, if an angler is a tent camper it can be down right miserable during the monsoons. I just don't camp until the monsoons have ended.

To get in any fishing time during this time of year,  it's usually a quick morning fish on the home waters for me. And, I've learned not to be disappointed when I get to the stream and it's murky from the rainfall during the previous night...that's when I go on a photo shoot for landscape subject matter. 

"C'est la vie" or more appropriate in the southwest, "Así es la vida."




Comments

Popular Posts