A Good Day

A good day in the mountains today. My buddy, Rich and I got off to an early start this morning to get in as much fishing as we could before the monsoon rains hit in the afternoon (a daily thing here). We caught a bunch of big, fat, wild browns and enjoyed an awesome day.

We had three US Air Force aircraft fly low and close to the valley floor just over our heads about noon...low altitude training swerving between the mountains about 200 feet above the meadows where we were fishing. An Osprey and C130 that were close enough to me I was waving to the pilots in the cockpit. I loved it because it brought back good memories. I loaded/unloaded hundreds of those C130s with cargo for regular delivery and also for air drop back in my youth. The picture of the C130 posted below doesn't depict how low they were flying...I was a little slow pulling out my iPhone to take the photo:)

Rich and I kicked up hundreds of hoppers as we were walking in the meadow to get to the stream. Guess what fly we had tied onto our fly lines???

Gear: Winston BIII LS 8' 4wt rod, Bauer SST4, and Rio LightLine WF4F.

Flies: Black Royal Wulff and Parachute Hopper...both #14.

Comments

  1. Good lucking brown mike. Great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve…I netted four of those in the 12” range that put up a heck of a fight. Pretty big for that stream. Lost a couple in the undercut banks…they were faster than me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts