Winston Catalog - 2001


The featured Winston catalog this month is from the year 2001. This is one of those milestone years for Winston because in 2001 they launched the WT rod series. I have more WT rods (see WT post) than any other Winston rod series for a reason...the rods are too much fun not to take them to the stream and have some tight line action with trout. I don't listen to rod manufacturers claiming that their new technologies make their rods the best in today's market. My belief, they can't beat this WT classic rod taper and design for small to medium stream fishing. A true classic rod series. They range from medium to fast (relative to Winston) in their actions, depending on rod model.

My 2wt and 3wt WT rods get used each year more than any of my other WT models...but that's only because I fish small streams mostly each year. The 4wt, 5wt, and 6wt rods are just as impressive as the lighter weight models. I'm going to get on the bigger streams more often this year...those WT 4-6wt rods of mine need some more love.

Contents for the 2001 catalog are listed below in order of appearance:
  • History of Winston
  • LTX Rods
  • 5-Piece LT Trout Rods
  • WT Trout Rods
  • BL5 Rods
  • Boron XTR Rods
  • Specialty Rods
  • Winston Elite
  • LT Spey Rods
  • Bamboo Rods
  • Perfect Limited Series Reels
  • Accessories

Comments

Popular Posts