Hardy Perfect Reel

The Hardy Perfect Reel - I'm wondering why they named this reel "Perfect" because right away I've noticed three things with the reel that aren't so perfect. Pulling it out of the box it immediately felt heavy, and the reel being a full frame design means you can't palm the spool for extra drag when needed. And, it's a pricey fly reel to boot! Yeah, I knew all these factors before I bought the reel. So why did I buy it? I don't know....maybe I'll learn to like it. Maybe.

I have it spooled with a WF4 Rio Lightline that should work okay with my Winston 8'6" 4wt graphite rod. A bamboo rod that is around 8' long (don't have one) would probably be the perfect (yeah, I know) fit for this reel.

We'll see what rod this reel finds for a home. It will take some time fishing with it for me to know...which isn't a bad thing to have to do. It would be a great reel if it was perfect:)

Comments

Popular Posts