Abe's Motel and Fly Shop

After 60 years of providing anglers with fly gear, rooms, and a place to eat, Abe's Motel and Fly Shop is up for sale. The Chavez family said Abe's wish was for the family to sell the business before he passed away a couple of years ago. With COVID shutting down their business last year, it gave them time to think about his wish and they decided to go ahead and sell this iconic place that Abe had built in 1957.

I sure hope whoever buys the business keeps the essence of what Abe's is all about. The place had a personality all of its own that made it what anglers liked about staying and fishing the Juan. It was like a second home to me for many years...God bless the Chavez family for providing us anglers this unique and wonderful place.

Comments

  1. Abes will be missed. I hope the new owners will keep it going like it is too. It was great low cost accommodations and conveniences. In the meantime I have a room in bloomfield to fish the juan on the way to colorado in june.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see a photo of the 36 1/2 inch brown caught in the Juan last week?

      Delete
    2. omg. I didn't know about that. I hope to catch a couple. It's been a long time.

      Delete
    3. I'll send you a photo tomorrow....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts