Sage X 7'6" 3wt Fly Rod

I can't explain it, so I won't try. Each April and through mid-June I'm always in the mood to fish fast fly rods. That's why I have a quiver of Sage fly rods in a travel bag leaning up in the corner of the room. And you can usually find me on home waters with my Sage X 3wt fly rod during pre-runoff.

This Sage X is one fast rod that also has a sensitive tip for my home waters. I can zing a tight loop into a breeze with this rod unlike any other 3wt I own. This rod has a Galvan Brookie reel designated as the line holder which balances it out and keeps it light in hand just perfectly. I've tried a few lines with the rod in fishing situations and have settled on the Rio Perception WF3F fly line. Oh man, just writing this post makes me anxious to get out on the stream with this rod/reel combo.

Features

  • Flor grade snub nose half-wells cork handle.
  • Vera wood insert with Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat.
  • KonneticHD technology.
  • Black Spruce blank color.
  • Fuji ceramic stripper guide with hard chromed snake guides and tip top.

Comments

Popular Posts