Sage Click III Reel


A new "old stock" Click III reel with extra spool. I picked these up to replace a first generation Taylor reel that I had paired with my Sage ONE 486 and 482 rods. I liked the Taylor reel but it started having drag issues last year. I can tell by just playing with the drag adjustment on the new Click III reel, it will be perfect on the Sage ONE 4wt rod. I started pairing up my 482 with a Galvan Brookie a couple of years ago and will continue using that combo, but for the 486 rod the Click will be the reel of choice when I want to be able to adjust the drag for a particular stream.

I've been using the Rio Perception line on the Sage 486 for several years now and it pairs perfectly with the rod. So, I'm keeping it and spooling it up on the Click reel. The spare spool will get loaded with a Rio Lightline WF3F as an option on my Sage X 376 fly rod. That Rio Lightline is surprising because it's not made for fast rods, but for glass and bamboo rods that are more full flexing. However, it's works great on the X rod when I tested the line on it last summer. I know...how is that?

Anyway, this first generation Click reel is period correct for my Sage ONE 486 rod and I like that...can't wait to get it wet with some fiesty trout!!! 


A photo above of the old Taylor reel that will be put into retirement. It is a nice looking reel...too bad it developed drag problems. The Click reel on my Sage X 376 will be a nice fit for this particular stream.

Comments

  1. I have an original Danielsson Dry Fly. Love that reel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reel is very nice...never seen one in person, but sure it would be fun to play with tout!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts