Camping - High Altitude

It won't be long before the weather will be nice enough for overnight camps by those little mountain creeks and fishing for wild browns and natives. One of the reasons I like camping is I can get on the stream earlier and fish later in the evening. Yeah, I'm getting a little impatient for a return to the regular routines.

Over the winter I purchased a camp cot that fits perfectly in the truck camper...planning to add a 4" foam pad and sleeping bag on top of the cot that will be much nicer for sleeping versus lying on the truck bed. And, it will make it more comfortable for the old man to get dressed and move around the camper without getting up and down off his knees all the time. I'm now shopping for a nicer step ladder to get in and out of the truck camper as well. I always sleep in the truck camper when I'm not with family and doing a solitary trip or meeting a fishing buddy on a stream somewhere. I just don't need all the camping equipment when I'm by myself and I prefer to use my time on the trout stream instead of setting up camp.

So, I'm still a minimalist camper even though I will be making the nights a little more comfy...and still consider myself a tent camper at this ripe old age. We always put up tents when it's a family camping adventure or when we join our good friends for some outdoor camping and fishing fun.

I'm hoping this summer, we see a return to family and friends meeting at our favorite campgrounds and enjoying the outdoors!

Comments

Popular Posts