Landscape Painting - March

 

This month's feature artwork is "Winter Scene" by Santa Fe painter Irby Brown. This piece was hanging in the Albuquerque Museum of Art during a Miniature Art Show and fund raiser that I attended several years ago. The 8.5 x 11 oil painting kept bringing me back to study it that night. The show included some fabulous works of art and everyone who is anyone was there...I felt a little out of my comfort zone, but had a marvelous time anyway.

I really liked the painting so to be in the spirit of the evening, I dropped my ticket in the box not expecting to win it. To my surprise, I won the painting and the honor of purchasing it in support of the museum. In all honesty, I probably would not have bid on it if I had one glass of wine less that night.

While not really planning to spend that much money that evening, I enjoy looking at this beautiful painting that still hangs on my wall to this day.

Comments

Popular Posts