Fly Fishing 2020 - A look back

A look back at my fly fishing adventures in 2020 through photos. The restrictions due to the pandemic caused me to fish in solitude on all of my trips with exception of about four trips, where I met up with friends at the river. We drove separately and social distanced on the streams which is easy to do when fly fishing. Looking back at the photos, I realized the year for fishing turned out much better than I first feared at the beginning of the year.

As I was writing this I was thinking that I missed fishing the San Juan for the first time since I started wading that river in 2003, but I found a photo that I did actually get there back in February...so the annual streak is alive and well.

I fished "dry fly only" about 80% of time this year and have set a 95% goal to fish only dry flies in 2021, which will pretty much determine which streams I visit at any given time next year.

So, here's the year in photographs (random, no particular order) of the streams I fished with some classic fly gear sprinkled in among the gallery. If you click on a photo, it will enlarge for a better view.


Comments

  1. Great set of pics. Solo trips with a little bit of adjusting to the virus worked great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. We only got out once together this year. Hopefully you and I can meet on the water more often next year. I have an idea for a camping/fishing trip up north...new place for me. I'll send you an email next week on location just in case you're interested in going too.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely interested. I was really thrilled to make it to your camp in Colorado this year. That was a fun trip that I thought would never happen in 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts