One Night Stand

This was a crazy year with all the COVID restrictions in our state. And, our governor just today put us back on a full lockdown! This virus and government interventions certainly have changed my routine with outdoor life, camping, and fishing. I guess if I look on the bright side, winter is coming and for all practical purposes my camping was finished for the year anyway.

Back in the summer when restrictions were being eased a bit, the solution for me was a one night stay with two days of fishing. My goal was to camp and fish in solitude and not interact with others (my wife and I are in one of those risk categories). To avoid setting up a sleeping tent for one night, I slept in the truck camper and only took the absolute minimum of camping gear for a one night stand. An early departure for designated stream gave me almost a full day of fishing for the first day and the same for the second day. The trick was to not spend much time in setting up a camp site. I find the truck camper very comfortable at night with a 4" foam pad, sleeping bag, chair, and small cooler. The only additional camping gear I would take were: a canopy over the kitchen; propane grill; coffee maker; eating utensils; folding table (or campground's picnic table); chair; and a private loo.

Below are a few pics of one of my 2-day camping/fishing trips...hopefully, next year will be a return to camping and fishing as normal with good friends!!!

Note: that private loo was one of my best investments...no rest rooms open to the public since the start of the pandemic.


Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. All the comfort you need in the back of a truck. This was definitely the year for the loo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking a Gila fishing trip at the forks is in order next spring...you interested?

      Delete
    2. Yes mike. Hopefully travel restrictions will be over.

      Delete
    3. Great! I hoping for that too...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts